Both Shane and I were able to take Austin to school for his last day- both for drop off and pick up. We tried to take some pictures beforehand, but as usual, he wouldn't look at the camera. He also got very scared/upset when we picked him up and tried to take pictures with Miss Misty & Miss Tammy (I guess he thought we were leaving him again....or maybe he was just sad that it was his last day- ha ha.) So not a lot of great shots to commemorate the occasion.... (and please excuse mommy's casual appearance- I did not think about the fact that I would also be having MY picture taken)
Ready for his last day (all he wanted to do was run around in the front yard- not stand still!)
Mommy & Austin
Daddy & Austin (best pic of the day)
Miss Tammy, Mommy & Austin, Miss Misty
Looking at the fish one last time (doesn't he look HUGE compared to me?)
I think preschool was great for Austin this year- especially the social aspect! His teachers made a book for us with pics from each month/special parties/playing- really cute! It was neat to see how he did at school when we couldn't be there to watch him interact! When it was time to say goodbye, we gave Miss Misty & Miss Tammy their gifts (gift cards to our local cupcake place) & then he waved goodbye (hugging was OUT of the question.)
Thanks to his teachers and to First Baptist Keller for a wonderful first preschool experience! I'll be anxious to see how he does when we start 2 day/week preschool in September!!







7 comments:
Boo summer! I feel the same way. I LOVE my breaks. It makes me a MUCH BETTER mother!!! It's just the truth. All moms need a break even if they do not admit it.
You are going to LOVE two days.
Heres to a long and "happy" summer.
Hugs,
J
Cute pics! We completely understand not looking at the camera frustration. What is it with this age and the ability to ignore? Enjoy the summer with your boy and spend lots of time in the water ;)
I am probably in the minority...I am SO excited that preschool is over since it frees my Tuesdays and Thursdays from teaching there for a few months.
You are going to love 2 days a week this fall and I am going to LOVE being able to see Austin twice a week! Can't wait!
You are NOT a bad Mom for wanting your 1 day!! I have Isabella in 3 half days & have since she was 13months, I also signed her up for the summer program (2 half days) last summer & this summer. It's WONDERFUL :) You'll LOVE 2 days come this fall!! :)
I can totally relate - Brandon's last day was today! I wish our preschool had a summer program :)
fun. I love the pics. :) I am so glad he did well in preschool. We are doing 2 days of preschool in the fall so we will see how it goes. I am pretty excited about having time with micah only on Tues/Thurs. :)
Can't wait to see how the fall preschool goes for him. :) Have fun at the beach
You will love 2 days a week! We want to come over and try out your cupcake place!
Post a Comment