*The Longhorns lost the national championship game on Thursday night. It was a devastating defeat when Colt McCoy got hurt on the 5th snap of the ballgame. They still put up a good fight, and I was so proud of our freshman quarterback (Gilbert) who was pretty much thrown to the wolves with that Alabama defense. We came within 3 points of winning, but then lost it with a few turnovers in the last few minutes. It was so sad for me, not just because we lost, but because I didn't want the season to end like that for Colt. He is an amazing guy- a true competitor that gives all the glory to God. What a wonderful example to our children! Anyway, I had a tough time getting over the loss, but an even worse time dealing with the nasty comments that people were writing on facebook about the game. What is the point? To kick someone when they are already down? And, as a friend of mine said, I wish people would remember that they are talking about someone's child when they say awful things like that. Anyway, I'm sad college football is over too- August is too far off for this fanatic!!

*The preschool that I was trying to get Austin into for a 1 day class didn't work out. The opening did not become available! I tried another school, but they do not have a 1 day program- as most around here don't. My problem is that I do not want to drive more than 35 or so minutes to take/pick him up- so that limits me a bit. Plus, so many of the programs already have full enrollment. So we might be waiting until the fall after all. Oh well- I'm all set with everything he needs! And we'll be starting a new semester of The Little Gym next week!
And the good news...
*The Cowboys won their first game of the playoffs... and it wasn't even close! Let's hope they can keep it up!! Here's a picture of our little fan~ giving attitude.
*Austin was promoted out of the nursery and into the toddler hall at church! When we took him for the first time last night, he started getting upset when we walked down the toddler hall. How he even sensed it is crazy to me! As Shane passed him off to his new teacher, he started crying.. but we never got paged. When I went to pick him up, he was crying AGAIN. But she said he did wonderful during class, and just got upset when all of the other kids left and he was the last to get picked up. Poor guy thought we'd left him, I guess. We were talking to some friends that were visiting our church, and I waiting maybe 7 minutes before getting him- guess I need to be on the ball next week! Can't believe he's in a big boy class now!
These pics have nothing to do with his new class at church- but just thought they were cute.
Laughing
Max
and Jack
He will not leave these poor guys alone. If Jack is on the couch, Austin gets right in his face or climbs up there and starts touching him. If Max is sitting in the chair, Austin tries to squeeze in with him. If either of them is walking around, Austin chases them. It's actually quite funny to watch. And it tires them ALL out!!
Seeing how close he can get to Jack. Can you see the annoyance on his face? :)
This is how Max normally lays in the chair (notice his paw over the edge- so cute)
And this is the uncomfortable position he is moved into when Austin tries to sit with him
*One last good note, Austin got a haircut today! It looks so much better! No pics yet, but hopefully mid week! Check back!







5 comments:
Cutest photo is the one of Jack & Austin......adorable!
Tell Max that chair is Austins!
That is exciting that he's on the toddler hall. For a long time, Tate would cry when we picked him up after class was over. Like the second he saw us, he would start crying. So strange. But that didn't last forever.
I'm going to message you about the place Tate went during July/August once a week.
Where is Austin's number 12 Longhorn jersey? Good pics of Austin and the boy's; hope you are feeling better, Dad
Love the picture of Austin gazing at Jack, so sweet!
Bring it on Cowboys, the Vikes are waiting for you this Sunday! ;)
We share in your sadness:( When a young guy you have never met can bring tears to your eyes proclaiming his faith in the Lord, that is big. Hook Em'!
Post a Comment