Now I'm the first to admit that I've been horrible in the last 3 months or so with blogging, but have people just given up on me and quit checking OR is nobody making comments? If you are reading this post/looking at these picture- you BETTER leave a comment. I'm actually considering making my blog private... so I'd like to know who all is reading!
A few things we've been up to this week:
*Austin was sick all weekend & at the beginning of the week, but thankfully the fever ceased & we didn't end up having to go to the doctor- whoo hoo! So we've been hanging around the house A LOT.
Austin loves playing with our shoes- carrying them around mostly, but also putting them on.
*Austin & I went to Target yesterday & I got SUCKED into the $1 section (stickers, place mats, etc) & also into the 30% off toy isle. Like this child needs more toys? I got him 3 things (2 of them I'll be saving for his birthday)- but the one we opened is this Elmo microwave. I know it's not the best example... a microwave, but oh well. He LOVES ours, so I thought I'd get him his own (gets heavy lifting this kid up to play with ours.) Anyway, it came with food, it talks, has buttons and a light inside, even spins around when you have it "on." So thanks to Paw Paw & Maw Maw for the toys- I used Austin's Christmas money to buy them!
Fixing mommy some lunch
*Before Christmas, I thought we were almost rid of the paci. He only wanted it during nap time and bedtime... but that changed over the holidays and with him being sick. It's a constant battle right now, but we're slowly trying to get back to where we were.
The only picture I could get today without his paci- and he wasn't happy about it. Tears ensued afterwards.
*We decided that Austin needs to start a 1 day/week preschool or MDO program. Not only for the social and educational aspect, but I think it will help him to transition into school a little better. I was worried about how he would do starting 2 days/week this fall. So we are going to visit the school at our church tomorrow, and I'm planning on getting him started next week. I already ordered his personalized nap mat, got him a lunch box, and started labeling everything he will be taking! I'll be anxious to see how he does- especially during nap time (as he has never slept anywhere other than his crib or the car seat.)
*I've been inspired by The Biggest Loser to finally rid myself of the baby weight & get into shape. So I've started carefully watching what I eat, snacking less (anyone have any healthy snack ideas?), and going to the gym more. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
I'll leave you with a few pics of my sweet boy from this morning- please ignore his long hair, he needs a haircut. Never thought I'd be saying that.







23 comments:
Hi Whitney,
I check your blog religiously so keep blogging. I don't make comments on yours because no one ever makes them on mine so I figured maybe no one reads or likes them!
As for the books I highly suggest www.blog2print.com - it is pricey(but not unreasonable if you ask me) if you have lots of pictures or many blog entries like mine but they come out amazing! They line everything up just as you do in your entries so the pictures match the entries etc.
Please include me if you make the blog private!
Kasey
I read all of my blogs in Google Reader, so I rarely comment. But I really enjoy seeing what you are up to!
We love seeing pictures of your cute "baby lumpy" as the kids call him, and checking out the updates. :) Keep up the blogging. I love going back and checking out posts from when Bella was just a little thing like our toddlers are now. :)
I read it, but just do not always have time to comment.
Is Blurb not working? I am halfway through one of my books so hopefully it still does.
I am thinking of making my blog private as well in the next few weeks. Include me if you do.
Hey-I read your blog, but usually try to leave comments. :) I love the pics. I used blurb just this week...and it worked. I have not made any of my books yet, but started my first one this week and it worked. I need to probably visit the 30% off toy section at Target and getting a few toys for birthday. :) Thanks for that info! Goodluck with school. We are not doing MDO until fall, I think. I am not even sure if we are doing it then. I think I might teach up there, but not sure of that either. You need to start a play group in your city. It has been the best thing for us. :) We do it every week and my kids get to interact with 5-8 kids all around the same age. It has helped us. Your pics of your little boy are always precious. He raked in the toys at Christmas. So fun!
I'm reading!
I am reading of course. Not many comment on my blog as much either. I really think it is the whole Facebook thing. People must not be checking blogs as much.
It is making me crazy how fast Austin is growing up. I know you hear 100 opinions about Pacifiers (I did) and how to rid them. Here is my much wanted opinion ; ): It will come... the day will come and you will just know. Sooooo no worries: I felt like they were getting too old even when they were like 18 mo., but if it is easier on YOU than keep it for now. I knew it was time when mine started fighting over them... OH BOY!!!!
Miss you.
Hugs.
J
You know I read so mark me down as a reader.
I read!!! BTW, I'm seeing so much more of Shane in these new pics of Austin.
Good luck with MDO! Seriously, it's been one of the best decisions I've made. Ryan and I really enjoy our time together so much more now that we have a break, and he LOVES his teachers and all the fun things they do. It's a rough transition at first, but stick to it and it'll get better. They just have to learn that you will come back and get them!
Don't go private, this is the only way I can know what Austin is up to and to hear how God is working in your life. I'll have to confess, I don't leave comments like I should. Monday through Friday, I start my day with The Lumpkin Family so keep blogging as often as you can and throw in a few videos now and then! Austin, you're a cutie!! Love to you all!
I read! Comments have been lacking on our blog too, but I also think it's due to Facebook. :)
Good luck with putting him in school, we love Taylor's and she learns so much and has a blast.
I enjoy reading your blog!
Target red-tag clearance finds are the BEST! Glad you found some good stuff to stash away.
My healthy and filling snack idea is 2 tbsp. of hummus with carrots. Only 2 WW points! Good luck to you!
Whitney, you're nuts! you look great! i always read - austin is a cutie! who am I for criticizing who updates their blog???
I can't believe Austin's hair is getting so long and that he has so much of it! Good luck with MDO, I'm sure he will quickly love it and look forward to his days at "school" :)
Jason says I'm weird but I like to snack on frozen edamame (shelled and yes, frozen!) and for something spicy, I LOVE wasabi peas or I recently discovered wasabi almonds in the bulk bins - those aren't as spicy and you get the good for you almonds!
Hi, your mom and I would appreciate you getting more on the blog for us to see; we really enjoy catching up on you, Shane and Austin. I know nan-nan and her girls would also enjoy it. Love you, Dad
I love your blog! Seems like I just don't have as much time as I did to keep up with blogs. I want to do better with my own, sure do love to see them in print. Keep us posted on how preschool goes.
I definetly check your blog...Austin is such a cutie!
I totally understand your resolution - I am starting off with once a week posts as my resolution. Maybe next year I'll be ready for multiple posts in a week! I can see what you mean about Austin and his paci! He's so adorable! Make sure to invite me if you go private!
Loved the blog and pictures.....don't you dare take me off......
Looks like Austin likes his little chair. He is so cute in it. Looks serious.
Love you, Nana
Still here! Here's a head's up-going private removes you from the blog community!
That Elmo microwave looks fun! I love the $1 aisle at Target. it always has fun things. Ah Target... but I digress.
You can tell Austin is transitioning from the baby stage to a little boy stage. What a cutie!
I wish Google Reader made it easier to comment on blogs. I'm so bad at it.
Seems I have put blogging and checking blogs on the back burner. I do enjoy reading yours so please include me if you make it private. I'll try to comment more too. Interested to see how MDO goes!
I read your blog :). Please do post often. It's funny b/c it seems the milestones Austin goes thru are always about the same as what Reid has going on - so i like reading it and knowing that we're all right there together.
Post a Comment