Monday, October 19, 2009

College Girls Weekend



Every year my 4 best college girlfriends and I try to get together! Well it had been 2 years, but we finally got together this past weekend! We decided to meet in Oklahoma City this year & stayed at Kristen's parent's house. It worked out perfectly since Kristen was the only one of us bringing a baby~ so her parents were able to take care of him all weekend! It was by far the best trip we've had together yet! Lots of time WITHOUT kids to catch up and have fun together!

Kristen & I left before lunch on Friday. Thankfully we drove against the OU traffic (headed toward Dallas for the big Texas/OU game)- I'll admit I was sad that I was going to miss it. We made it there by 3pm and had some time to visit with Kristen's parents before the other three girls (Brooke, Jean, & Karie) arrived around 6pm! We visited over a fabulous dinner that Suzanne made for us (yes, she spoiled us with amazing cooking all weekend!) We spent the rest of the evening catching up & talking about the 'good ole day' at Harding! I love how we can go 2 years without seeing one another & we pick up like it was just yesterday! These girls know me better than anyone- maybe better than I know myself :) They are among the few that can bring me to tears from laughing so hard!
The group- (F) Kristen, Jean, and me; (B) Brooke & Karie


We slept in a little on Saturday & took our time getting ready after a yummy breakfast! We ate lunch at this great mexican place and then headed out shopping for the rest of the day! Thankfully Shane kept me updated with the game score! And I was very excited to hear that the Longhorns won the game! Anyway, we went to lots of fun little boutique stores, toy stores, TJ Maxx (where I think we spent the most money), the mall, etc. We had dinner at this wonderful Italian place (once again with no interruptions- thank you husbands/parents for watching our kids!) After we got home for the evening, we settled in to watch 'The Proposal' and got Jean set up on facebook. Yes, it took some convincing, but now she is TOTALLY hooked! We stayed up entirely too late that night talking, but it was so worth it.
Headed out for lunch & shopping


College roomies- Me & Kristen


Brooke & I


Me & Karie


Jean & I on facebook


Sunday was bittersweet- time to say goodbye, but time to go home and see our families. Austin woke up with a 103 fever that morning, so I was anxious to get home and see my little one. Thankfully it was not strep or the flu- and the antibiotics are already helping!
Breakfast before our goodbyes


Every time I get together with my sweet friends, I remember how much I miss them & wish we lived closer. I cannot wait to plan our next trip- hopefully next year to OKC again! I love you girls!

And thanks to the Seidels for being such wonderful hosts- I honestly felt like we were saying at a bed & breakfast! We were spoiled....

3 comments:

Linda A. said...

LOVE all the great photos! I feel like I have watched all of you grow up.
You girls will always be blessed to have each other. You will be there for good times and hard times. I am so glad you have stayed close.
Love to you all !!!!!!

Kristen OQ said...

It was the best weekend with some of my most favorite people in the entire world. I am ready to put next year's trip on the calendar!

Kim said...

That is so awesome. How fun!