Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching Up

I apologize for taking so long to post an update on Austin- we have just been very busy the last few weeks! My parents came to visit for a week, and while they were here I had a garage sale (thanks to my mom for the help!) It went well- got rid of a LOT of junk AND made some money!

So what else have we been up to?

*I finished my blog book and had it printed! I LOVE IT! For those of you that are interested, just go to blurb.com to get started. My hardback book only cost around $50! Here is a picture of the cover, and then the inside is all of my posts (without comments) & I was able to edit and re-arrange pictures & text!


*Swimming- at the neighborhood pool & also in the kiddie pool in our backyard.




*Visiting my grandma (notice in the 2nd pic how Austin has both feet up on the stool like a little monkey- he loves to climb on things!)




*Spending time at 'Let's Jump' playing on the bouncy houses and slides in the toddler room (and even better- it's free for kids 18mos and under!)


*Spending time with Papa Jim & GiGi- helping them unpack, and then Austin & Papa Jim talking during snack time.



*Meeting friends for dinner (Jared, Leah, & Reid)


*Celebrating our 10th anniversary! Okay, so we were supposed to go out for dinner, but since Austin was sick- we've put it off until a later date. Plus we'll be going to Cabo at the end of the month!!! Isn't the 2nd picture precious?


*Celebrating July 4th with Mat, Shanna, & Evie (Austin's little cousin)







*Spending time together & going to the park- swinging, sliding, and LOTS of climbing!






*And being sick :( Both Austin & I have been having allergy problems- funny thing is that Austin loves his paci so much that he continues to suck it even when he can't breathe. So he puts it off to the side of his mouth like the pic below- Shane calls him Popeye! And yes, this causes lots of slobber!


One last picture.... Shane got me flowers for our 10 year anniversary- aren't they beautiful??

Everyone have a great week! I'll be better about posting more frequently!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That book was a great idea, and your flowers are gorgeous!

Briana said...

I love the book, I heard about Blurb from another blogger, but haven't ordered mine yet. Mostly 'cause I have been blogging for too long and am being way too anal about arranging the pics and text. :)

Oh, and your kid just keeps getting cuter, I swear!

Jody said...

Whitney~
I am glad you are back! I missed seeing you guys. Austin... oh my... he looks like such a big boy now. He is growing up too fast!!!

You and Shane still look so happy. That is awesome! Glad you guys are going to get away at the end of the month.

J

Sandi said...

Happy Anniversary! The flowers are beautiful, and you look great, too! The one picture of you 3 with Austin reaching for your necklace is super sweet.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

those are beautiful and I can't believe how big Austin is getting!!! And I can't believe you've been married 10 years!!!

Cross Family said...

CUTE family....gosh austin is getting cuter and cuter. yes, we do have some big boys :) Are yall leaving him while yall go to Cabo?? 10 years..I didn't know yall had been married that long. Congrats! I want to do one of those books too....

Holly said...

So good to catch up on your family! You have to keep up with your blogging, you motivated me!

Kim said...

Loved the catch up! Great dress-you look beautiful! Congratulations on the anniversary!