Weight gain- 3lbs (total 26)
Baby's heartbeat- normal
Measurement- 35cm
After my next appt I will start going weekly.. .fun. It's so hard for me to believe that it's almost time! It's seemed so far off for so long, but now it's just around the corner! Of course that makes me quite nervous! I'm so anxious to meet little Austin- to see who he looks like, what his personality will be, and how he is going to change the dynamics of our family! On the other hand, I'm nervous about being a mom! I've said before that I've never even changed a diaper- so I'm clueless when it comes to babies! Everyone says it will come naturally, and I know it will- but that doesn't change the anxiety that I feel. After celebrating our last Valentine's Day with just the two of us, I realized how COMPLETELY different things will be in just a few weeks. It's been the two of us for almost 9 years now, so adding a baby to the mix is going to turn our world upside down (in a good way of course!)
I'm getting very exciting about my upcoming baby showers! The nursery looks great and all, but I'm ready to fill it up with baby stuff now! Shane and I leave next Friday for Austin for the first shower (it's on the 23rd.) We're staying all weekend & will get a chance to see lots of old friends and even visit our old church on Sunday morning! The next weekend are the DFW showers (Ft Worth on the 1st & Dallas on the 2nd.) My mom, my aunt, and 2 of my mom's dear friends are all flying in for the festivities... so we're going to have a VERY full house! I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with close friends and family!
This week I've been wrapping things up with my Pampered Chef business! I've got my last show tonight (until late May)- so I'm looking forward to the break! I've also been busy with baby stuff- hostess gifts for my showers, making the "who to call list" for Shane after Austin is born, deciding on a photographer, finishing up Austin's scrapbook, and finalizing the details of the baby announcements. I love checking things off of my "To Do" list!
Okay, on to the fun stuff! Here are the most recent belly pics- taken today!







16 comments:
I am so glad everything has gone so smoothly...what a blessing! I can't wait to meet little Austin!
I hope you have fun with all your showers. It is fun to set up the room with all the "stuff". Casey loved putting things together. I hope you found a photographer, who did you go with? I hope you have a great time with your last pampered chef party and enjoy the break too. Way to go on the "To Do List." I am impressed. I was just making our to call list this morning since we are about 2 weeks away. Crazy! Have fun!
Oh my Whitney....you are SO BIG.....I just can't believe it. You were just barely a "bump" when I saw you last. Thank goodness for blogs or we would have missed watching little Austin grow.
Thank you for inviting me to your DFW showers...I feel so honored. It is going to be so much fun.
I love the nursery...it is great looking and "so organized"....but did I expect anything less from Whitney Kay? NO! Just can't wait until Austin starts crawling and pulling things out all over it. Ha!
Look forward to seeing you soon....Love to you and Shane...from Momma # 2 ......and soon to be Nana #2
It is getting closer! You will be a wonderful mom and it will come so natural when you meet Austin. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask ever, I have been there twice and will be more than willing to help in anyway. Love your belly pics.
It seems like just a few weeks ago you told me in the parking lot at church that you were pregnant, I can't believe it is almost time. You will do great! I need to order something from you.
Wow, He is almost here! It has gone by soo fast FOR ME! You will be an awesome mom! I hope to see you next weekend in Austin at church. Unfortunatly I can't make it to the shower because we will have company in town to visit baby Emery. You guys have a safe trip!!
I'm so glad little Austin is doing well. Looks like he is growing well. Even though your belly is getting big you still look adorable. You probably haven't gained weight anywhere else!! I'm looking forward to your shower!
Have no fear on the anexiety. I know exactly how you feel. I also had never changed a diaper ever! It is rough at first I have to admit. Both Nick and I got frustrated a couple of times with the difficulty in actually changing a diaper and bathing. But as time goes by you get faster and faster. I had Keith time me the other night. It was a wet diaper of course, 31 seconds!!!! WOO!!!! That doesn't count the snapping of the clothes together though. I was impreassed with myself because I know the first one I changed took me like 10 min. HA! I even put it off, I made my mom and Keith change Nick until I absolutly had to. Sad I know. I was so nervous about just changing a diaper. Can't wait for the shower. I'm going to come to the one in Austin! I can't wait to see you! You're so cute all preggo!
What a great belly!! I can't believe you're so close, it's so exciting.
I know exactly what you mean about feeling nervous about it never being "just the two of you" anymore. I had the exact same mix of emotions. Especially when it's been just the two of you for 9 years (same for Al and I)! Obviously all of your feelings are normal.
Have fun in Austin, wish I could be there! Suzanne will represent for both of us. :)
You still don't look very big!
I love how cute and perfectly round your belly is....that was the case with my first! I can't wait to see you this coming weekend at your shower! Oh, and I am excited to see Christy Taylor...it's been way too long!
Wow...I can't believe how fast it is going! You are going to be a great mommy and Mr. Austin is going to have a blast with you two. Post pics of the nursery and all the fun stuff you get at your showers. That part is the best!
whitney, i am so excited for you and shane! this is such an incredible time in your lives, cherish every minute! it sounds like you are so on top of things and so organized-that is the way to go...i tried to do that but all 3 of mine were just way too excited to be in this world and meet everyone, so they graced us with their newly born presence early! love the nursery...it will be filled soon!
Not much farther to go! what an exciting time! Your lives will be changed, but for the better. Cherish this time being pregnant as well, but remember to catch up on your sleep now! :) You will be great parents!
Hey I am so sad I'm not going to be able to make it to the shower. I thought I was but found out today not going to be able to those blasted clients (who I really love!!) I am glad to read all is going well. I can't wait to read all about the showers on the blog. Keep the belly pics coming!!!
Your life IS going to change...in a good way. You will not be able to remember life without sweet Austin. I can't wait to meet him!! I already know you will be a great mom because you have come to care groups, gone out to dinner, etc. with all of us AND our crazy kids before you were even pregnant! I was always impressed...
Whitney! I'm sooo excited for you to hold that sweet baby in your arms for the first time--there is no sweeter moment.
I can't wait to meet Austin-you're going to be such a good mom!
Post a Comment