A few months ago I decided that this summer we needed to dedicate one day a week (Mondays) to acts of kindness & service, so I've been researching & planning some ideas. I'll be posting our activity each week with pics- I would like for Austin to be able to look back at what we did & also to give others ideas :)
Week 1- We made thank you notes & treats to give to those in the community that serve us (i.e. waitress, bank teller, person working at the dry cleaners or grocery store, etc.)
Austin helped cut the paper, glue, punch holes, tape, tie ribbon, and "sample candy."
He was very proud and excited to hand out! Although I will say that he gets very shy when the time comes.
Finished product
Everyone has responded so positively to Austin when he hands them out- asking his name, thanking him by name, telling him how thoughtful the gesture was, etc. The first experience was with our Terminex inspector & you would have thought we gave him the winning lotto ticket- so grateful for something as small as a piece of candy with a nice note. It tells you a lot about the type of world we live in when people constantly say, "this is the nicest thing that has happened to me all day long."







No comments:
Post a Comment