Wednesday, October 17, 2012

State Fair of Texas

Today we headed down to Fair Park to the State Fair of Texas- Austin's first time!  Austin wasn't feeling 100%, so thankfully he wasn't wanting to play every game and eat tons of junk food!  We ate corny dogs for lunch and then looked at the animals and rode some rides!  A fun first experience, but definitely not something we will do every year!  I don't know how big families afford it!!!



Austin was afraid of Big Tex (he is kinda creepy looking.)  On a side note, he caught on fire and burned to the skeletal frame two days later!  This was his 60th anniversary :(

The ferris wheel- Austin was looking forward to this the most!  It costs $7 a person and you go around TWICE.  


This was my stop!  

Boris, the biggest hog I've ever seen





Finally the ferris wheel- the biggest in the US!  I will admit, it made me nervous to be that high.. and I'm not afraid of heights!


The big slide with Daddy


First roller coaster- LOVED IT!



Log ride with mommy!


A funnel cake is always a good afternoon snack.


A tired and very full little boy!

No comments: