Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1st Christmas

Our Christmas began when Poppy & Gigi arrived the Saturday before Christmas- I love that we get to spend a little extra time with them around this time of the year! We visited some family, went to see Santa, shopped, made Christmas cookies, and more!

It was our 2nd year in the tradition of making sugar cookies for Santa- we made them earlier in the week because Santa was coming to our house on Wednesday night (not Saturday.) Here's a few pics of our goodies~








On Christmas Eve I got one of my favorite gifts (to myself) -a new vacuum! We'd had the same vacuum since we got married, so it was time for a new one! I love this thing- seriously I smile when I vacuum now :)



Setting out cookies & milk for Santa


Santa's elf getting the main gift assembled~

Another one of Santa's helpers... Jack

Santa came!!

Going in to see what Santa brought the good boy~ he's always a little shy to look

A BIKE!

Time to take a ride down the hallway

My gift to Shane- a Bose SoundDock Portable... we love it!

Time for a snack- why not eat Santa's leftovers?

His new guns- totally rethinking that purchase now.

Poppy likes his coffee mug

Max loves hiding in wrapping paper

Unwrapping with Gigi

A new big puzzle

Helping Gigi & Poppy

There's nothing wrong with a little chocolate on Christmas morning

Me & Dad

Yeah, a Nook Tablet!!

A favorite- his cash register :)

Riding his plasma car

Fun for all ages

Yep, I can still play a few songs!

We were all blessed with so many wonderful gifts and even better memories this year!

No comments: