After Austin got some large toys for Christmas (train table, kitchen, easel), we officially decided to change the guest bedroom into a playroom. As much as I disliked the idea of giving up the guest bedroom, we couldn't justify keeping it to use maybe 6 weeks out of the year... when we could get daily use out of it as a playroom. So we moved the furniture to storage and cleaned out the closet to store extra toys and crafts. We didn't moveany toys from the family room- just new toys or things I had stored away. This room is supposed to eventually be Austin's big boy room, so we didn't want to make too many changes since it's temporary.
The finished product

Left side of room

Some of Austin's artwork

Right side of room

Cheap decor- flash cards from Land of Nod hung on twine (only other money spent was on rug, bookcase from Target, and organizational shelves in closet)

Another angle

The closet

So far Austin loves the playroom! We do a lot of craft activities on the picnic table, and he uses the easel a ton! I'm so glad we made the change... our house was feeling taken over by toys! Of course I might be singing a different tune when we have company visit...
These last few pics were taken during the makeover process~ Jack checking out the new easel

No comments:
Post a Comment